Diabetic patients have also right to enjoy their lives and have favourite foods. They deserve to have cheesy foods and drinks, at least for a day after following their boring vegan diet plan for a whole week, because they are human too. And humans need to meet their basic needs and wants.
However, their requirement and wants cannot be accomplished completely, but after altering a recipe a little, they can get most of the taste of their favourite food.
Pizza is the favourite food and dish of majority of the public because of its being mixture of soft crust, chicken, pepperoni, cheese and a few vegetables that are spread on whole bread which would have pizza sauce at the bottom.
Diabetic patients can have pizza but it should be low fat and carb pizza. Such a pizza can also be consumed by those following a PCOS diet plan for weight loss.
To make a low fat and carb pizza, you will need
- A tablespoon of yeast
- A teaspoon of sea salt
- A teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 cups of warm water (water should be warmed at 43 degree centigrade)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of flour (gluten free), and
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
To make a crust for which you need to mix sea salt, flour, xanthan gum, one tablespoon of sugar, baking powder together after heating water, on the other hand in another bowl, and add yeast and one tablespoon of sugar too.
When yeast get activated, pour that water and yeast in mixture. And knead it to make dough. Add olive oil too.
After kneading it, roll it and make a ball of it.
Place the ball in centre of the pan. Flatten it to make it of the shape of the pan. Pre bake it for 15 minutes and then take it out of the oven
For topping, you are required to have
- Half cup of low FOODMAP pesto
- 11/2 cups of mozzarella, and
- 2 cups of chicken breast (shredded)
- Put the chicken breat in saucepan. Add two cups of cold water in it. Boil the chicken until it is not pink anymore.
- Place the cooked or boiled chicken on cutting board and make cut or shred it with two forks.
- Place pesto packet’s ingredients in food processor and blend them to get a mixture.
- Spread that mixture on dough.
- Spread chicken over it which is followed by cheese.
- Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Your pizza is ready to serve. Have it with fresh orange juice.
Diabetic patients or people who want to follow diabetic diet plan can have this pizza too because it does not have a lot of carbs and fat.